Prop-Ed: Behind the Resin Curtain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission Statement

Go down

Mission Statement Empty Mission Statement

Post  Thomas Paine in the Asse Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:17 pm

This forum exists to provide an outlet to discuss the state of prop collecting, such that it is, as well as the personalities involved. In a sense, this is meant to be a "cleaned up" version of the somewhat moribund Prop-Ed discussion area on JR's RPF-OT board. While laden with good intentions, the RPF-OT version is visually cluttered and surrounded by a lot of needless discussion categories and bric-a-brac.

Beyond more pleasing aesthetics, this is meant to be a haven for the remaining free-thinkers in "the hobby". We know you're out there, and in greater numbers than represented presently in the usual haunts. We believe you're yearning for a place to speak your mind about the state of "the hobby" without fear of being treated like a child or a seditionist.

And here, you can pretty much do that. You will be encouraged to support your views with common sense, logic and clarity, as well as with civility and common courtesy. But let's face it, human nature being what it is, things will likely get, um, spirited.

That's OK, too.

Everyone who comes here is expected to fend for himself, and is solely responsible for the content of his posts. And unless you post something threatening, libelous, or otherwise generally accepted as beyond the limits of speech entitled to First Amendment protection, you'll be left alone.

That said, just because this will be an outlet and antidote to places like the RPF doesn't mean it's a free-for-all. As always, management reserves unfettered discretion to control access and content. Freedom ain't free, and all that jazz....

But let's put it this way: if you get shown the door here, you're probably unfit to be online at all.

So, let's see what we can do to mix things up, set things straight, and maybe even settle some scores.

And who am I? I'm your humble host, known by many names, loathed and revered in equal measure. For the purposes of this exercise, I have taken on a pseudonym befitting my reputation as a well-intended gadfly. If you haven't figured it out by now, maybe you're not tall enough to ride this ride.

As Jez would say, cheers!

TPITA

Thomas Paine in the Asse
Admin

https://proped.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum