A topic worth exploring...

Go down

A topic worth exploring...

Post  MadMax on Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:05 am

I'd like some community input (limited as it may be at this juncture) as to the state of the RPF, its new ownership, conflicts of interest that may exist between the RPF itself and the new owner.

There seems to be a fog of mystery there as to whats happening, perhaps a conspiracy of some sort....
Maybe nothing is happening at all but things sure do happen fast there if you catch my drift, or maybe it's just my old tired eyes playing tricks on me.

Buhler, Buhler...Anyone, Anyone...

MadMax!!!!!!! Twisted Evil

MadMax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A topic worth exploring...

Post  Thomas Paine in the Asse on Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:32 am

What I've heard (unconfirmed and not presented as conclusive):

--"Art Andrews" aka "Brak's Buddy"--RPF mod and owner of "The Dented Helmet" forum has acquired the RPF (domain? servers?) from original owners Clif/Nikki. Rumor has it that he paid $2500.

--He is involved in some capacity with ANOVOS, a new Star Trek costume licensee involving fellow RPF'ers Got Maul and dgasser.

Now if any of this is accurate, it raises intriguing questions about the state of the RPF; i.e., the potential new owner in cahoots with a new licensee.

For a forum founded on the theft of intellectual property (and I'm not judging here), it would be interesting to have such a close association with a licensee. For one thing, what would become of some fan who wants to do a run of accurate costumes covered by the license? What about the fact that the RPF has banned any number of people for threatening legal action against others or ratting them out to the studios? Would that still hold?

And why is every effort to ask about the ownership interests of the RPF met with immediate censorship and retaliation? What are these guys afraid of that causes them to be so opaque?

People are naturally curious about the state of a forum that once belonged to the collectors in a sense, but is now run by an unaccountable bunch who seem to be engaged in a fair amount of self-dealing.

Thomas Paine in the Asse
Admin

View user profile http://proped.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Moogan on Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:49 pm

The conflict of interests there are staggering.

As Commissioner Gordon so eloquently put it -
The sum of the angles of that rectangle are too monstrous to contemplate.
Tom Moogan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greatgarlando on Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:12 pm

They are really wanting to state the fact that all Art did was help them set up their website. Of course this all comes to light after the tread Dr.S started in the OT yesterday.
greatgarlando

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Moogan on Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:31 pm

When Art Andrews posts the first entry on their blog stating-

Hello world!
By Art

» Hello prop and costume world! We are Anovos Productions and we are looking forward to sharing our products with you!

http://anovos.com/blog/author/admin/

It'd be kind of tough now to say that all he did was set up their website, in my opinon.

And now the damage control begins!

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=74392

I just wanted to take a moment from a very hectic and exciting week to thank Art Andrews for all the help he has given our budding company. After Dana and I completed the paperwork, paid the appropriate amounts of $$, we were left alone on an island, trying to figure out how to talk to everyone from a internet/technical standpoint.

As a friend, Art has always been there for us and in this time of need, we felt it necessary to consult his skills from such success as the TDH, RPF, PlayingforBlood.com, his Starship Troopers site, SWChick.com and 300DC. Overnight he laid out what are needs were and executed an introductory page and blog that met the immediate need (that will actually be transitioning in just a few short weeks to the main site) . Because of his connections, we were also given access to another web designer who's main style correctly aligns with ours so thank you for that as well.

This thread is seriously to thank you from one friend to another. We couldn't have done this without you and in the future will be calling upon your consultant services again. I have already recommended your consultation to certain folks at the studios and would do so again when the opportunity arises.

The RPF is lucky to have you and the success of the TDH is a testament to your vision and vigilant attention to the well-being of the members and community. Thank you again for all your help and we hope to be working with you again !!

It's funny that they didn't thank him for his photographic skills and his coming along to Paramount.

From the Anovos Blog

The day was spent mostly on photography. Art set up his professional studio with light boxes and white balancing. The overall reference taken was fantastic – something you’ve come to expect from this professional photographer if you’ve ever had the opportunity to work with him. We also had access to notes, measurements and test samples. In many ways, I reveled in all this feeling like an investigator trying to put together a story of how all these items were produced from the binder’s of notes over a long period of time. How neat if this was actually documented…hmmm.
Tom Moogan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Anon on Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:24 am

What will this mean for the Gker's?
The latest round of C&D's were passed out by the licensees, not the studios. Having guys affiliated with licensees running the board can only be meet with suspicion.

And eventually silence.

Mr. Anon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down